Patient acquisition and retention, Covid-19 impact, and staffing challenges at dental practices are among topics of a survey fielded by Benco Dental, Glidewell, Midmark Corporation and Young Innovations.
- Review a complete, by-the-numbers update, available for download here.
- Then, join a discussion of the most unexpected responses in a high-level analysis from a panel of experts here.
“It’s been my experience that dentistry can be an incredibly isolating profession, especially for private practitioners. There is no debate to be had that dentistry has faced significant challenges over the past year due to pandemic,” said Greg Tice, Seattle Study Club, Director of Education.
“I’ve personally spoken with hundreds of clinicians, in the Seattle Study Club network in particular, who have all stated one of the biggest challenges was — and continues to be — where to turn for reliable information. This survey is a first step in providing that reliable information.”
- How will gross billings rebound in 2021?
- How many dental offices have invested in an infection control coordinator?
- How do dentists differentiate their practice?
- What are the top procedures dentists plan to add to their practice offerings?
- Which factors are most important to dentists choosing a dental lab?
In a year driven by immediacy, dentistry kept pace, adapting and transforming to provide essential patient care in the midst of a pandemic. The results: nonstop action and not many free moments for review. The inaugural State of Dentistry provides that analysis by asking dental professionals in North America: What was the impact to them? What is working well? And, where are the next opportunities?
Survey results are segmented by topic: business outlook, job satisfaction, Covid-19 impact, procedures and equipment, and patient acquisition and retention.